Home > Conventions > Ohayocon Panel Addendum

Ohayocon Panel Addendum

History of Shonen panel attendees: Thank you so much for coming! I apologize for not having the panel timed properly so that every last series was addressed, but I’m happy I was able to cover the older series in more detail, since those tend to be less familiar to current fans. That aside, it was incredibly fun for me to present the panel to all of you. You were a fantastic audience, and I hope to see each of you at future events. Thanks again.

As promised, for those who are interested, here is the list of series I covered (or intended to). Series in bold generally indicate the more notable or influential series, not necessarily quality. Basically, if you’re using the list to expand your knowledge of shonen as a whole, I would recommend you start by reading the series in bold (or at least becoming suitably familiar with them), then filling in the gaps from there.

Unfortunately, I must ask that no one use my work for any purpose other than personal reference and enjoyment without my permission.

History of Shonen Series List

Advertisements
Categories: Conventions Tags: ,
  1. digispirit
    February 1, 2010 at 2:43 am

Hey, went to the History of Shonen panel earlier today. It really was a pity we didn’t have more time than we needed to cover the material.

And of course, by your order, I am currently reading Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure.

• February 4, 2010 at 10:17 pm

Excellent! If I expose just one more person to such a quality series, I’ve done my job. Thanks very much for attending.

2. zentulip
    February 1, 2010 at 4:48 am

I, too, was at the History of Shounen panel. Really enjoyed it, I feel much more informed. I needed some new series to pick up as well, so it was nice to get lots of recommendations; only thing I’ve been reading lately is One Piece. (Not sure if you saw my boyfriend and I earlier in the weekend, we were both dressed as Ivankov). Keep up the good work! :3

• February 4, 2010 at 10:19 pm

Unfortunately, I did not see you; do you happen to have pictures of your cosplay online? I took the time to talk to every notable OP cosplay I saw (Impel Down Buggy!), so I’m disappointed I missed you. Thank you for the compliment!

• zentulip
        February 4, 2010 at 10:41 pm

Myself and the Impel Down group at the photoshoot. Buggy is actually my friend Josh, we still need to make him a giant axe or a rocket fist or something, heh.

• February 4, 2010 at 10:56 pm

Excellent! I wish I’d had the chance to talk to you at the con, but consider yourself excitedly complimented.

3. Jingle Scott
    February 1, 2010 at 5:16 am

I was one of the “Meisei trio” at the panel and I really enjoyed it. I agree it was a shame that time ran out, but I still enjoyed it all the same.

• February 4, 2010 at 10:21 pm

My friends and I later continued to discuss how awesome it was that people cosplayed Touch. Huge respect to you and your group for doing so! After seeing Ohayocon progressively appeal to younger/more casual fans over the years, your cosplay gave me some relief that people out there still care about excellence from the old school. Thanks for coming!

4. David Thomas
    February 1, 2010 at 9:53 pm

I attended your panel on Sunday. I thought it was an awesome panel. Thank you for this panel. It was probably one of the best panel I’ve been to at any con. it was really well put together. I got a lot of new series that I havent read yet and I thank you for that.

• February 4, 2010 at 10:24 pm

Wow, such high praise! I’m flattered that you enjoyed the panel so much. While I do it out of a love for shonen, I do take my work seriously, and put in tons of effort (including several sleepless nights, haha) to ensure that I could do justice to the material. Comments like yours let me know I’m doing something right. Thank you very much!

1. No trackbacks yet.